Thursday 24 March 2016

New Edition of 52 Pages

I haven't been blogging, but I have been running the game every other week, squeezing out text for the ol' megadungeon, and putting the final touches on some revisions to the rules I use. They're now in a position to share at version 2.0, so you can download them from the link on the right, or here.

I'd say that after some five years of playtesting, the new version works pretty darn well, at least for the "basic" levels 1-3. There have been a few issues with higher level powers and spells, and some of the variant classes I want to release, but with more experience (now going on a couple of years, having run two higher-level campaigns plus a number of convention games) I think I can fix a lot of those issues.

Accordingly, things are looking good for releasing an extra "26 pages" soon, focused on character development and advancement for levels 4-6 and new classes. The other 26 would have been campaign development, but I find the campaign structure in 52PP is the thing I least use in actual play. So my ideas about wilderness exploration, city campaigns, etc. are probably best put in a different, system-neutral volume.

Anyway, enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm looking forward to reading this. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of rules. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't there a version of the 52 Pages where there was a goblin class?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started running a campaign with these rules. They're lovely so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete